Tickets and Discounts
Does Ruby Falls accept credit cards?
- We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express
Can I buy tickets in advance?
- Yes, save with discounted online tickets. Buy Online Now
Does the Ruby Falls Haunted Cavern offer group rates?
- Yes, to qualify for a group rate, you must have a group of 15 or more with one person paying. Group discounts only apply to those who call and make a reservation 72 hours prior to arrival. Group rates are available on Sunday Nights for $15 per person. Please call for more information. Group reservations do not affect wait time so please plan accordingly. Call 1-800-755-7105 for reservations.
What should I wear to the Haunted Cavern?
- Part of the experience is above ground and part is in a cave. It is best to wear comfortable clothing that is appropriate for that day’s weather. Do remember that you will be entering a cave so don’t come in something you can’t get a little dirty or wet. It is also recommended that you wear closed toe, closed heel, slip-resistant shoes when you visit the Haunted Cavern. No sandals or flip-flops please!!
How long does it take to go through the Haunted Cavern?
- The Ruby Falls Haunted Cavern is a free form haunt, where guests move at their own pace (with a little encouragement). On average, it will take approximately 45 minutes to complete the full experience. But if we do our job well, you will go through much more quickly. There are three elements within the haunt itself
- Cave Section
- Bus Ride
- Upper Haunt
Are the monsters allowed to touch you?
- Actors inside the haunted cavern will not touch you, however, they do get very close. Occasionally you may brush up against their costumes or props.
Are there any age restrictions?
- Ruby Falls Haunted Cavern is recommended for adults and teens, but younger kids may come if parents choose to bring them. Carrying babies through is not allowed. There are no special prices for children and no refunds if anyone decides not to complete the attraction.
Is the Ruby Falls Haunted Cavern wheelchair accessible?
- Unfortunately, due to the nature of the cavern, it is not.
Can I go if I’m pregnant?
- Visiting the Ruby Falls Haunted Cavern while pregnant is not recommended. However, if you decide to go, you should avoid certain segments of the attraction. Please inform one of our attendants so special arrangements can be made. You might also consult your physician before entering the Haunted Cavern.
Is the Haunted Cavern still open if it rains?
- Yes, but please call ahead in the event of heavy rains or storms.
Is it dark?
- You better believe it’s dark. It wouldn’t be any fun if it wasn’t.
Where can I view the photos taken of my group at Haunted Cavern?
- Souvenir photos taken at the Haunted Cavern are available for viewing and purchase online at www.myrubyfallsphotos.com. You will need the photo card number on the back of the card in order to view these photos.
What time does the line start forming?
- Early in the season, arriving around 8pm is fine.
- As it gets closer to Halloween, the crowds get larger and we can reach peak capacity times between 7:00pm - 10:30pm, especially on Saturday nights. On those dates, we strongly encourage guests to arrive after 10:30pm and/or carpool for better access to parking.
How long is the wait in line?
- In general, wait time is less than 30 minutes. However, on the last 2 weekends in October and on Halloween, the attraction’s lines will be much longer. It is suggested to visit earlier in October or on a Sunday to avoid the longer lines. For those that don’t mind a little wait, entertainment will be provided by our line monsters and sliders.
I just bought my ticket online…do I still have to wait in line?
- Buying your tickets online does not affect your wait time, so please plan accordingly. Buying tickets online does save you money. Tickets are discounted off of gate admission online.
Is there security at the Haunted Cavern?
- Yes, the Ruby Falls Haunted Cavern uses City of Chattanooga Police Officers for our security team. We seldom, if ever, have a problem that actually requires security, but we have it just in case – so be on your best behavior!
Can we be thrown out for any reason?
- Yes…everyone who visits the Haunted Cavern is here to have fun. Just don’t cross the line – you know where it is. We do not allow foul language, pushing, vulgar behavior, weapons of any kind, alcohol, etc. We have a list of rules just like anyone else that must be adhered to for your own safety.
Do you serve alcoholic beverages?
- No! Alcohol is not allowed on the property, so please don’t bring any.
Is smoking allowed?
- Smoking is allowed only in the parking lot. Smoking is NOT allowed once the haunted experience begins.
Can we take flash photos of your haunted attraction?
- No photography of any sort is permitted at the Haunted Cavern. Haunted Houses are dark and people’s eyes (especially the actors) adjust to the low light. When you flash your camera you’re not only ruining other customer’s experiences but you’re hurting the actor’s eyes. The monsters working outside will often pose for pictures if approached.
What are the rules?
- Watch Your Head. Watch Your Step.
- No Flashlights, Cellphones, Lasers or any other light source allowed.
- No cameras of any kind are allowed.
- No smoking or open flame of any kind.
- No weapons.
- No touching monsters or props.
- No running, pushing or shoving.
- No pets! No food or beverages! No bad attitudes.
- Violation of these rules may mean denied entry or premature removal from the attraction without refund.
- VIDEO SURVEILLANCE IN USE.
- Guests may come in contact with monsters and may get wet.
- This attraction uses fog and strobe lights. Do not enter if you have health concerns of any kind.
Be Smart and Have Fun!
How old do you have to be to work at the Haunted Cavern?
- You must be at least 18 years old to work at the Haunted Cavern.
Can I apply online?
- Yes, apply online now.